God’s Commission to Kill the Midianites (Part 5)

  1. Those who regard sin lightly and who have no adequate concept of God’s holiness will find insurmountable difficulty in this command of God. Mature reflection and a glimpse of the infinite holiness of God will remove all difficulty.

My View
It seems that Torrey has passed judgement on someone like me. Nonetheless, I beg to differ with him. I don’t discount the insidiousness of sin and I may have an inadequate concept of God’s holiness, but that doesn’t make me liable to find this difficulty insurmountable. Rationally speaking, it doesn’t add up: A good God could never allow the extermination of an entire nation.


Maybe I am taking an extreme standpoint, but I don’t believe I am. Any reasonable person would find difficulty accepting this event. I confess ignorance with regard to responding to this difficulty. I will make an effort to study the matter further. For now, Torrey’s explanation does not suffice. If anything it gives rise to only further problems (some of which I have pointed out). Nonetheless, I am grateful to him for helping me reflect on this issue which I had ignorantly passed over.         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Grand Masti 2 (2016) (Movie Review)

The Challenge of Mercy

Andadhun (2018) [Movie Review]