Transformers: The Last Knight (2017) [Movie Review]



Dir: Michael Bay
Starring: Mark Wahlberg, Josh Duhammel, Anthony Hopkins, Laura Haddock
Dur: 2 hrs 24 mins
Genre: Sci-fi action 
Rating: 4/10

I was a fan of the Transformers series before they made the last two movies. Honestly, no matter how hard I try, I just can’t bring myself to accept the last two films as part of the same series of movies. Mark Wahlberg has little to do with my dislike. I respect his work and even am a fan but I don’t appreciate what the writers have done with the franchise. I totally understand that Shia Labeouf opted out and things spiraled out after that but even that is no excuse for producing these kind of films. At least the last film,  Age of Extinction, made an effort to revive a dying Transformers epic, but The Last Knight, went out of its way to not only see to its long-drawn demise but also to a solemn burial.

From the first scene of the film I was confused. The story hardly made any sense from start to finish. Somewhere in the middle it got a bit exciting but then went back to being senseless graphics with sound effects. I have never felt so disappointed after watching a Transformers film but this film is truly a disaster. The graphics are pretty good but on all other accounts even on those it normally scores like humour, action and Optimus Prime’s dialogues, it scores well below par. Don’t waste your time on this mix and match film which feels like a pastiche of the real thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Grand Masti 2 (2016) (Movie Review)

The Challenge of Mercy

Andadhun (2018) [Movie Review]