Maps cover by Caleb and Kelsey (Video Review)

Confession #1: Maps is one my favourite Maroon 5 songs.

Confession #2: I am not a big fan of covers.

I enjoy the original tracks. But every once in a while you come across a cover that is better than the original. This is something very interesting and great about music - there are so many different ways of doing it. Take, for instance, a song; a song can be sung in different styles or the music could make a difference; adding or subtracting an instrument can bring out a different sound and thus give the song a whole new vibe. This is what I love about music.

Caleb and Kelsey have made a number of covers. I haven't heard them all. Frankly, I haven't heard 98% of them! I chanced upon this cover they made on the song Maps. My first impression was that it was well done. The voices blended beautifully. The video opened up well but then just got boring. Firstly, because it was repetitive and secondly because it lacked direction and creativity. What captured my attention, however, was the music track. It was simply brilliant! In fact, I would regard it as perhaps the best part of the cover. I wouldn't mind listening to the cover again and again just for the music. It stole the show.

Considering that music is primarily audio content, I wouldn't be very harsh with the singers for the poor video content. Great job Caleb and Kelsey. Love the little mashup they squeezed in right at the end. 

Click on the link for the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gziPziTp69s

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Grand Masti 2 (2016) (Movie Review)

The Challenge of Mercy

Andadhun (2018) [Movie Review]