The Mystery of Easter (Book Review)


Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Mystery of Easter, edited by Manfred Weber, New York: The Crossroad Publishing Company, 1997, ISBN 0-8245-1722-9, $14.95, pp. 47.

A similar book with layout and everything except that the theme here is Easter. I was not so inspired by this book and rarely found myself taking my pen in hand to note down Bonhoeffer’s words. That does say something about the book but it says very little. The reason for it is that I found most of the material already known to me except that this time they were in Bonhoeffer’s words. So, in terms of new ideas, the book had little. However, this book in comparison to the other one has greater scope for reflection. The images are not as powerful as the images of the nativity but I suppose it comes down to personal taste and artistic intuition. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Grand Masti 2 (2016) (Movie Review)

The Challenge of Mercy

Andadhun (2018) [Movie Review]